Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mirrors


For our Mirrors brief we were asked to produce a visual description of our home. "Our homes are mirrors of ourselves". I found that the best way to do this was simply by using photography to take pictures of each room in my home in Southampton and produce a book for them. I chose to do this because the brief states that we were to either make a poster, website or a book. I was interested in learning more about book making as I already have the skills and knowledge to produce a poster and I wanted to do something different this time. Each room provides me with different memories, ones that have definitely shaped me as a person today. I love my home and this project was entirely personal to me and I am aware that it wouldn't have much use in the real world, nor would it sell if it was published. However, I have enjoyed completing this project and learning new skills on Adobe InDesign. For my front cover design, I used a photograph of my wall paper in my bedroom that has lovely arabesque detailing. The text is the same colour as the brightest flower on the pattern which has caught the flash of my camera. The font is called Code Bold and there is a lighter version of this which I began to use at first. I soon realised it was too light so I switched to bold, but I left the page numbers in light as they are less important information than the actual text.

No comments:

Post a Comment